This position will support training in the implementation of mult-stage training courses to law enforcement agencies to improve Mongolia’s ability to counter wildlife trafficking (CWT). The Legal training assistant will be responsible for assisting the WCS Environmental Law Enforcement Team in leadership training targeting partner organizations and to implement activities focused on training in the use of problem orientated policing models to counter wildlife trafficking in Mongolia, develop an understanding Internal/External data sets, and develop problem profiles and action plans. This Legal Training Assistant position will support the team in building relationships with key partner organizations with engaged in the enforcement of Mongolia’s environmental laws to counter wildlife trafficking. A successful applicant will have an interest in law enforcement, wildlife conservation, motivation to work outside of the office setting, and a strong willingness to learn new skills.
It is only a part-time position with one-month probation.
• Support training logistics and organization of post-training mentoring of training recipients;
• Assist in regular communication with partners in preparation of training courses and mentoring;
• Provide support in the development of post-training reports and Quarterly program reports;
• Work closely with project partners to share knowledge and incorporate feedback into future training;
• Carry out additional supporting activities as requested by the line manager associated with WCS CWT program goals.
Successful candidates are expected to possess:
• Law Enforcement Background or Police’s Bachelor's degree with 2+ years relevant work experience;
• Intermediate computing skills;
• Willingness to learn
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Intermediate knowledge of English
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit the following firstname.lastname@example.org.
a) Submit their/your CV, one-page cover letter explaining their interest in and suitability for this position by English
b) Please mark the subject line of your email with “Law Enforcement Training Assistant”
c) Applications should be sent on or before 5:00 pm, 30th April 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
d) Only Shortlisted candidates will receive a call back from WCS
Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) Mongolia Program
201 San Business Center, Amar Street-29, Small ring road, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar 14200, Mongolia. Tel: +976-11-323719